EMSBo DMeeting Minutes021816
Board of Directors
Meeting date: 2/18/2015
- 1 Call to order:
- 1.1 Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
- 1.2 Officer's reports:
- 1.3 President's report
- 1.4 Secretary's report
- 1.5 Treasurer's report
- 1.6 Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
- 1.7 Mark was to help Ben on postings
- 1.8 Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
- 1.9 Clif was to work with Cord to get him the backups he needed to bring the website back up
- 1.10 Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
- 2 New business:
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4fqvksfrwxoodrj3gkn22ei64a. The meeting convened at 6:12PM, Clif Cox presiding and Ben Hallert secretary.
Board Members in attendance: Clif, Kass, Ben, Darrell
Board Members not in attendance: Mark
Quorum present? Yes
Also Present Were: The NSA
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
- Approve the agenda
- Approve previous meeting minutes
- President's report
- Secretary report
- Treasurer's report
- Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
- Mark was to help Ben on postings
- Clif was to wordsmith proposed verbiage for an amendment related to teleconference rules
- Clif was to work with Cord to get him the backups he needed to bring the website back up
- Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
- Laser update
- Discussion on shop organization, rearrangement
- Key system
- Dashboard idea
- 'Nobody leaves empty handed' idea
- Where we're at with the treasurer transition
- Discussion on classes and templates
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve this meeting's proposed agenda as amended
The Motion carried with unanimous approval.
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve the minutes of the 1/21/2016 meeting.
The Motion carried with unanimous approval.
Clif spent several hours physically moving servers to a new location in the Bay Area. The systems are up but delays outside of his control are preventing reverse-DNS from coming up on schedule. By midnight tonight, they should be up and mailing services should become available.
The servers are now located at Hurricane Electric in Fremont, CA (they were previously in Mountain View, CA).
On the 26th, there will be a meeting at the new LCC center downtown about the use of the old LCC downtown center.
No change, same as it ever was.
Kassie was to reach out to discuss list seeking more Classes Committee volunteers
Kassie reached out to Mark, there's a communication gap about where we are right now and how we'll move forward.
Mark was to help Ben on postings
Ben dropped the ball on this one. Mark has been actively soliciting content and ideas on how to increase our social media presence, the failure point is me.
Still in progress
Clif was to work with Cord to get him the backups he needed to bring the website back up
DONE, and it looks great.
Ben was to reactivate posting ideas thread
Done, will continue passing content ideas and move this into the Mark postings concept.
Laser is online with upgraded fan. Ben is documenting workflows and will be providing those shortly.
Discussion on shop organization, rearrangement
Described changes and requested more help.
System should be installed this week, Rick's time depending.
Described idea of a central dash UI for in-shop web resources. Will flesh out further in discuss.
'Nobody leaves empty handed' idea
Described idea of making sure all visitors leave with a physical Tchotchke (laser cut or 3D printed, EMS logo was an example idea). Clif agreed and added some talk about pre-defined patterns for the 3D printer and laser cutter so they could be involved in making them. Kassie will help define this further and we'll take it offline.
Where we're at with the treasurer transition
No progress on this, Darrell will continue work on this.
Discussion on classes and templates
Somehow we didn't cover this item, Clif adjourned before we realized this got missed.
- Continue working on increasing social media posting cadence
- Clif to work on wordage regarding teleconferencing rules
- Continue treasurer transition effort
- Working with Kass on nobody leaves empty handed concept
Clif moved for adjournment and was seconded by Ben.
The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned a18:45 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space