EMSBo DMeeting Minutes100614
Board of Directors
Meeting date: 10/06/2014
- 1 Call to order:
- 2 Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
- 3 Treasurer's report:
- 4 Collection of other minuets while the Secretary was gone:
- 5 Frederick's PR Proposal:
- 6 Representing EMS at the Pumpkin Chunkin event:
- 7 The Next Open House:
- 8 Discussions about collaboration with the UofO.
- 9 Action Items:
- 10 Announcements:
- 11 Adjournment:
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Oct 6th, 2014. The meeting convened at 7:35 PM, Clif Cox, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance: Clif, Kassie, Darrell via Skype
Board Members not in attendance: Weston
Quorum present? Yes
Also Present Were: none
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Treasures report
- Collection of other minuets while the Secretary was gone.
- Frederick's PR Proposal
- Representing EMS at the Pumpkin Chunkin event.
- The next open house.
- Discussions about collaboration with the UofO.
Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Darrell, and seconded by Kassie to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif , and seconded by Kassie to approve the minutes (as amended?) of the 8/04/14 meeting.
Down to abut 13 or 14 members. So we need to be a bit more proactive on getting new sign ups going on the easy squeezy payment plan. We have about $2400 in the bank.
Collection of other minuets while the Secretary was gone:
There were no official board meetings while the Secretary was gone, oh well...
Frederick's PR Proposal:
We talked about Fredericks generous proposal, and would like to take him up on his offer. The next step would be to set a date for the next open house, and to check in with him as to what he needs to cover the pumpkin chunkin event. We should also ask him who gets the control rights to the videos.
Representing EMS at the Pumpkin Chunkin event:
We should ask Nick, or Rick if there is room for a EMS table at the event. Either way we should try to hand out flyers. We have some left but should probably print more.
The Next Open House:
We should probably send a query to the Discuss list about when the next open house should be. We should also double check other community calendars for conflicts.
Discussions about collaboration with the UofO.
A couple of profs at the UofO have contacted us about helping on a few projects. We may pen our name on a grant application for a small bit of funding directed at one of these projects. We had some excited discussion about the possibilities, for either the cluster computing project, or a wearable computer project.
- Contact Marie about printing more flyers
- Search for people who might man the EMS table at the PC event.
- Talk to Rick or Nick about the EMS table.
- Ask Frederick about who would have the rights to the produced videos.
- Send an email to Discuss asking for possible open house dates.
Kassie moved for adjournment, Seconded by Darrell
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 20:18 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space