From Eugene Maker Space
Revision as of 23:42, 2 May 2019 by Ben Hallert (talk | contribs) (Removed draft status)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Eugene Maker Space Board of Directors meeting January 3, 2019

Call to order


Approve this agenda

Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the agenda.

The motion was seconded by Bruce.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.

Review previous minutes from December 6th, 2018 meeting

Approve previous minutes

Motion: Karen moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the minutes from the December BoD meeting.

The motion was seconded by Amanda.

Motion passes, the vote was unanimous.


President's report

Secretary's report

I have Wiki access, we have thousands of spammers. WIll install Block & Nuke extension.

Treasurer's report

Deposited $200 of checks and cash into the bank today. No report on rent status.

Public Relations report

Shop Status report

We need a pallet jack to move the router. Bruce reported that he's set up external access to our DVR and has provided instructions on the Slack that we can use. Karen reported that she's been going through member storage and has discovered that we have a lot of space available because we had some shop stuff stored there that was taking up space. Some members had 'grossly overreached' the one box per person rule. She's of the opinion that a two-box limit should be sustainable. Taper still has much content here, he's working on a project that may reduce that in the near future. Chris has not responded to an inquiry regarding a saw. She suspects that we may even need two pallet jacks for moving it. We have a new laser, some people have brought in metal working equipment that's tagged. She also reported that a Jointer was donated as well as a sizeable donation from the Kaplans. We have 5 surplus systems that could go out the door as-is and a handful that need work.

Old Business/Action Item Review

Ben will get 501c3 letter to Aiden/Kevin


The board will implement the dues rate increase (inform membership(Aiden), change Wiki & Wordpress (Jeffrey), modify membership form (Ben))

Done. Does Facebook have our dues listed?

ACTION: Ben will check Facebook for dues and check hours

Ben will register us with Benevity


Ben will reimburse Bruce for hardware purchase


(Continuing) Piotr will set up the one-way bank account for depositing

(Continuing) Piotr will continue to monitor the Pay Pal giving fund qualifications for the EMS

(Continuting) Ben will work with Piotr to add the payment options to the new-member mail sent out by Key Master.

New Business

There is currently no new business that I'm aware of.


Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors adjourn the January meeting.

The motion was seconded by Karen.

Motion passes, the vote was unanimous.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:28PM.