EMSBo DMeeting Minutes120116

From Eugene Maker Space
Revision as of 23:07, 22 October 2018 by Move page script (talk | contribs) (Move page script moved page EMSBoDMeetingMinutes120116 to EMSBo DMeeting Minutes120116: Rename from TWiki to MediaWiki style)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 12/01/2016

Call to order:

A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held via Google Hangouts on December 1st, 2016. The meeting convened at 6:08 PM, Clif Cox presiding and Ben Hallert acting as secretary.

Board Members in attendance: Clif, Kassie, Ben
Board Members not in attendance: Darrell

Quorum present? Yes

Also Present Were:

Approve agenda, and previous minutes.


  1. Approve the agenda
  2. Review previous meeting minutes
  3. Officers reports
  4. Upcoming meeting/elections

Approval of Agenda: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Ben to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval.

Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Clif and seconded by Kass to approve the minutes of the 11/03/2016 meeting.

The Motion carried with unanimous approval

Officer's reports:


Clif reported on the National Council of Makers. EMS has 3 votes because of his early involvement.


Ben would like to not be the treasurer next year. He will present the completed binder to the next secretary (TBD).


We have a little over $1000 in the account.


We discussed the .upcoming elections, that two people were on the ballot who did not accept, and the minimum requirement of 3 people to run the group. THere are two prospective board members (TBD) available for appointment, they are still considering it.

Clif's family will be having a gathering out of town on Saturday and Sunday so he will not be able to attend the meeting.

Action: Clif will bring the banner.

Upcoming election

Clif's family will be having a gathering out of town on Saturday and Sunday so he will not be able to attend the meeting. Ben will also be unable to attend as he will be pulling a float in a parade.

Action Items:



  • Clif will check with the OCF to see what their input is on the requirement to assess and pay taxes. Ben asked Clif to also ask about whether NPOs should pay taxes for member-owned equipment and tools.
  • Clif will let the Discuss list know that most if not all of the current board will be unable to attend.




Ben moved for adjournment and was seconded by Clif.

The vote was unanimous and the meeting was adjourned at 6:36 PM.

____________________________ ___________________
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space