From Eugene Maker Space
Jump to: navigation, search


Eugene Maker Space Board of Directors meeting February 13th, 2020

Call to order

6:21PM Attending: Ben, Karen, Beata, Piotr Also present:

Approve this agenda

Motion: Piotr moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the agenda as amended.

The motion was seconded by Beata.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.

Approve previous minutes

Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the minutes from the January BoD meeting as amended.

The motion was seconded by Beata.

Motion passes, the vote was unanimous.


President's report

Piotr's back!

Secretary's report

Nothing to report.

Treasurer's report

We are in a much better financial state than we were at this point last year. The current status is:

  • Bank account: $2,185.35
  • PayPal: $38.39
  • Patreon: $64.78

Total: 2,288.52

Outstanding payments: 1,400 for rent, everything else except Comcast (~$70) is paid for this month.

Note: Our goal is to, as our situation improves, pay more on our insurance in advance to reduce fees associated.

We will still $819.02 left in the account once our bills are paid.

Stable payments from Patreon are currently at $1,184. On PayPal we're continuing to get $25 from Dick McKrill (thank you!). Sam Foster is paying $35 through bank transfer and Rick is paying $25 through the bank account.

Our total outward monthly expenses are currently at roughly: $1,675

Karen needs to get some kind of affirmative signatory access to the OCCU account if she is to be able to use the app to deposit checks electronically.

Piotr and Karen will coordinate.

ACTION: Karen will will schedule bank trip with Piotr, Ben, and Beata.

Karen needs access to our Debit Card in order to submit a repeat 'postal change of address' for the makerspace due to USPS rules


Public Relations report

Jeffrey is also talking with Darby from NomCon and we are coordinating some sort of presence. Piotr may be able to display his cube!

ACTION: Karen will needs to finish the arcade machines.

Shop Status report

We have 1.5 working lasers. The refurbed K40 is online and functional and Karen has been documenting good settings for different materials. The US Cutter vinyl cutter (large format) is online and working great! The printers and the workstation are pending extra work. Beata has some plans for using LED strips to make some area lighting improvements.

ACTION: Karen will will send a thank you letter to Nicole for her excellent presentation/training on the US Cutter vinyl cutter.

Old Business/Action Item Review

Beata will reach out to the membership to schedule a cleanup this month

In progress.

Ben and Karen will continue bringing one of the K40s back to functionality

Done. The target K40 is online and functioning and Ben has the second K40 at his house which he is working on. Piotr suggested that we inform the membership about the online laser and schedule some sessions to teach people how to use it.

ACTION: Ben will will reach out to the membership to let them know and coordinate to give some lessons. ACTION: Piotr will will get a list of active members from Ben and use it to feed a new members list.

Ben will update the website to reflect the new family membership level


Ben will give a school lock key to Bennett

Not done yet.

Patreon sign


Ben will attempt to get rid of downdraft


Ben will price out strip curtains

Amazon has 12'x10' kits for $299, perhaps something better is available locally. Perhaps membership will have some ideas on where to source this, request sent out to membership on Slack.

Karen will fill out and submit the requested verification forms for matching donations

Karen has attempted to contact CyberGrants twice, she is awaiting an update from them.

Ben will reach out to the membership to seek volunteers for NomCon 2020 and find folks who wish to showcase projects and will create a channel in the Slack


Karen will write a letter of thanks on behalf of the board to Austin VanderPlaat

Thank you letter to Austin VanderPlaat done but as Austin has never been a member of the Maker Space, we do not have contact information for him. Shall we mail it to the employer? Karen will mail the letter.

Karen will send a letter of thanks to Thomas on behalf of the board for his efforts

Thank you letter to Thomas Pearce is done. We need a mailing address.

ACTION: Ben will will get Thomas's address to Karen.

Karen will fill out the application to make us eligible for Fred Meyers donations

Fred Meyer thing - forms were printed remotely.. Fill out and mail! Related to previous, noticed on IRS forms that Suite #2 is listed.. do we need that amended? In progress.

New Business

Karen needs to give Piotr a CT-12 form for 2019


Darrell Perko would like some kind of receipt for his past donations above $35/mo, especially one for 2019.

He's asked for a record for his 2019 donations first and then some reflection of his past donations history for tax purposes.

ACTION: Piotr will will give Karen an accounting of Darrell Perko's membership payments and donations.

There appears to be no way to access electronic member applications directly through gatekeeper. Is this an implementable feature?


ACTION: Ben will will provide an interface so that Karen can have access.

A shop cleanup/dump run is sorely needed

Possibly an event day is needed for a deep clean? Lots of big stuff to shift. Need more regular trash runs (Karen can't do this alone on the bus unless she bring a wheeled cart for that purpose)

Beata has an action item to reach out to the membership.

Office is in some desperate need of attention

Perhaps that should become the next big 'let's make a plan and DO SOMETHING' project for the shop?

ACTION: Ben, Karen, and Beata will will brainstorm office cleanup on Tuesday.

Marks on the driveway

Is someone painting out there again or is this old stuff showing up again in the rain?

Looks like old stuff showing up again in the rain. Needs more toner.

Lighting in CNC Alley

Beata notes that we have a pair of hanging fluorescent lights that are waiting to be installed.

ACTION: Ben, Karen, and Beata will will brainstorm lighting install on Tuesday.

Sell logic analyzer

Beata will get current information about the viability of selling our surplus logic analyzer. He's found a community that might be interested in buying it. Piotr expressed interest in checking out the logic analyzer.


We are sharing and storing text files for passwords and Karen feels we could improve on this. Piotr suggested migrating our credentials to LastPass or KeyPass DB for us to put our passwords. Karen asked if there were any objections, there were none.

ACTION: Karen will will start collecting credentials in a more secure location and then provide details.


The meeting was adjourned at 7:25PM.