From Eugene Maker Space
Jump to: navigation, search

Eugene Maker Space Board of Directors meeting June 2nd, 2022

Call to order

7:17 PM

Attending: Karen, Ben, Michael, Beata Also present:

Approve this agenda

Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the agenda as amended.

The motion was seconded by Karen.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.

Approve previous minutes

Motion: Karen moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the minutes from the April BoD meeting as submitted.

The motion was seconded by Michael.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.


President's report

We were contacted by a person saying they were from Georgia Tech. Karen googled and found that he's listed as a CEO of several companies. He was requesting to do a survey related to maker spaces. He sent some Qualtrics links and some things about the interaction concerned her so she disengaged.

Secretary's report

Nothing to report.

Treasurer's report

Our money situation is greatly improved due to a generous donation caused by Rick Osgood who donated a vehicle via a system that turns vehicle donations into charitable donations.

Money accounts as of 06/02/2022

Bank $2627.83 PayPal $96.04 Patreon $1584.97


Sum $4308.84 (diff from last month +$1480.71)

Karen noted that on our calendar, we have an item to contact our insurance to renew it. Piotr will contact our broker.

Shop status

We fixed the broken electric kickplate on the door that was blocking entrance to the shop.

The office is in excellent shape, someone has been putting in a lot of great work!

Karen updated some settings on the laser computers so they can now be remotely patched without manual intervention.

One of the arcade monitors was broken (looks like it was put on the floor and may have gotten kicked by someone sitting there) and there's a busted switch harness possibly.

We have a Monoprice Maker Select that needs some attention. It was kept in a garage for 3 years and is a little gummed up. Ben asked if we should reach out to the membership to clean them. Beata thought this might be a good idea. Piotr suggested we review our 3D printers and get rid of those that aren't work maintaining. Karen also suggested that we consider the possibility of configuring the Monoprice for checkout by members.

ACTION: Ben will Contact the membership to see if anyone is interested in cleaning up and configuring the printer for checkout.

Old Business/Action Item Review

COVID-19 status review - Open Hack closure status

The current cases per day appears to be dropping. The death count is also dropping (4 a day as of yesterday). In general, it's dropped and stayed low. Karen recommends that we continue with the 'ask re: masks' approach previously outlined.

ACTION: Ben will Order some more masks for the shop and drop them off.

New Business


Karen remembered that the blind mechanism (the slides and pulleys) were broken, you could not pull a string and make them move, they needed to be opened or closed manually from a ladder. There were also damaged slats. The slats were thrown out and the mechanisms remain but are not cost effective to repair. If we need to replace the blinds, the mechanism will be needed as well.

Karen noted that if we replace them now, we'll probably also have to replace them when we move out. She's concerned about the usability of the shop without blinds, especially considering the neighborhood and the possibility that being able to see into the shop may serve as a lure.

Ben suggested that we may be able to skip replacing the blinds because it may fall under expected wear for the shop.

Piotr expressed concern that the windows haven't been blocked/treated yet per the communicated plan to install either paper masking or a translucent contact paper barrier. He suggested that we're fine re: the blinds situation if we can immediately get some kind of visual barrier in place.

We will contact Bee to figure out next steps on getting window coverings installed.

Review upcoming events

We have some volunteers for events. Karen requested that the bot just put stuff up on the calendar right away. Ben will make that change.

ACTION: Ben will Update the bot to put events in the calendar immediately instead of waiting until a week before..


Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors adjourn.

The motion was seconded by Karen.

Motion passes, the vote was {{{4}}}.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:27PM.