From Eugene Maker Space
Jump to: navigation, search

Eugene Maker Space Board of Directors meeting October 7th, 2021

Call to order

7:06PM Attending: Beata, Piotr, Ben Also present: Dick

Approve this agenda

Motion: Piotr moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the agenda as amended.

The motion was seconded by Ben.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.

Approve previous minutes

Motion: Ben moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors approve the minutes from the September BoD meeting as submitted.

The motion was seconded by Beata.

Motion passes, the vote was Unanimous.


President's report

Nothing to report.

Secretary's report

Nothing to report.

Treasurer's report

We have $2,064.38 in the bank account. In PayPal: 0 Patreon: $65.43 Sum: $2,128.85 This is a delta of +$651.83

(This includes a $495 donation from Broadcom)

There were no physical deposits made this month so there may be money in the box.

Old Business/Action Item Review

Ben will see if he can improve the new user flow


COVID-19 status review - Open Hack closure status

The State of Oregon has re-implemented indoor mask mandates due to a big uptick in infections (largely due to the the Delta variant). Karen has updated the text on the website to reflect our new mask-mandate status in compliance with state rules until further notice.

Piotr will look into Patreon integration into Slack options as part of assessing whether we want to stay on this tool


Piotr notes from the survey that there doesn't seem to be any real motivation in the membership to move to a new platform. He reviewed some of the options ranging from Discord (which has some Patreon plugins and role management) to Slack plugins and found they all seemed to be generally more hassle than what is worth based on our current implementation.

His take is that if we want automatic channel availability to EMS members vs. ex-members, we need to move to Discord. The community doesn't seem to have any strong feelings about the platform choice so he suggests we stay with Slack for now and think about whether this is enough of a value for new members to make available only to subscribers. For now, it doesn't appear to be.

BoD Election planning

Next item is October 1st, call for nominations. Karen will use the eugenemakerspace GMAIL account to let all eligible voters know about this.

ACTION: Ben will Coordinate with Karen to get a list of email addresses of members in good standing.

Piotr noted that we should use the new Google for Workgroups service for this.

ACTION: Ben will Audit user payment logic.

Karen will reach out to eligible voters (including manual payers) to inform them of the nominations

Ben will find some kind of Slack plugin for identifying Hack Hosts

Other than some rough integration between Slack and Mobilize, most advice out in the community was to do manual coordination of volunteers through a #volunteer slack channel.

New Business

Shop status

We discussed the missing tablesaw and possible strategies to replace it if it doesn't come back. We discussed possibly fixing the old one or taking up a collection for a replacement.

Dick gave an update on the effort to move the toner beast. A local shop has a pallet jack that can help with it.

Dick has been stuffing as much garbage into the dumpster as he can each month. He's also planning to get rid of some hazardous waste.


Motion: Piotr moved that the Eugene Makerspace Board of Directors adjourn.

The motion was seconded by Ben.

Motion passes, the vote was {{{4}}}.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:38PM.