-- Main.RickO - 10 Apr 2016
- Cell Phones are not permitted to track high-altitude weather balloons in flight.
- Payloads cannot exceed a package weight/size ratio of three ounces per square inch, determined by dividing total package weight by the area in square inches of the smallest surface.
- No payload package can exceed 6 lb in weight.
- Entire weight of all payloads cannot exceed 12 lb in total weight (Excludes weight of balloon).
- No rope or cable should be used which requires more than 50lb of force to separate payload packages from balloon.
- No one may launch a high-altitude weather balloon which creates a hazard to other people and property. (i.e. Incorrect parachute, faulty rigging, inappropriate launch location)
- No one may use a high-altitude weather balloon to drop objects (i.e. gliders and projectiles)